Mastering plugins and software has gotten so powerful that an inexperienced user is more likely to do more harm than good when attempting to self-master. If you can trust its advice, one application has consistently stood above the others mostly because of its outstanding AI that, if followed, can provide a finished product you can be proud of. That’s iZotope’s Ozone, and it just keeps getting better with the latest Ozone 10 version.
Achieving a professional-sounding master has never been faster than with Ozone 10. Equally powerful for people who are new to mastering or for mastering pros, the app has everything needed to bring balance and smoothness, punch and glue, warmth and grit, and a sense of space to a mix, alongside smart technologies that help match the sound of chart-topping hits.
There’s a lot that’s new in Ozone 10, which includes:
- A Stabilizer Module designed to sculpt a balanced sound with a new intelligent and adaptive mastering EQ. You can dynamically shape a mix into a clear, natural tone, or tame problem resonance, carve away harshness, and smooth transients for better translation across listening environments (Only available in the Advanced package)
- An Impact Module lets you enhance the rhythm and feel of tracks by intuitively controlling microdynamics. Four sliders work across different frequency bands to breathe life into a mix, adding punch and dynamic space, or glue your track together for a thicker sound (Only available in the Advanced package)
- An Improved Master Assistant is used to match the sound of trusted reference file or today’s hit songs with new matching technology for tone, dynamics, and width. An updated Assistant View makes it faster than ever to customize your starting point, while the Tonal Balance curve allows for easy metering (included in Standard and Advanced)
- A Magnify Soft Clip used to boost loudness while maintaining high fidelity audio. This is a new setting in the Maximizer module (included in Standard and Advanced)
- Recover Sides lets you reduce width without losing the sides with this new feature in the Imager module. It maintains stereo information in mono and helps preserve depth and power when narrowing a problem frequency (included in Standard and Advanced)
- And more, including native Apple silicon support, and a refreshed look and feel of the Ozone interface
Introductory pricing for Ozone 10 is available through October 20, 2022. The price for Ozone 10 Advanced is $299 USD (regularly $499 USD), while the price for Ozone 10 Standard is $199 USD (regularly $249 USD). Existing iZotope customers may be eligible for additional loyalty discounts, so check your Account section on izotope.com.
You can find out more here, or watch the video below.