I’m really pleased to announce that the The Mixing Engineer’s Handbook 5th edition is now available, and at a special introductory price. Mixing continues to evolve and this latest version reflects all the recent changes in our technology and studio operating methods.
Some of the brand new topics include:
- Three new mix build techniques for better balances and faster mixes
- A new method for setting compressors to breathe with the pulse of the song for more punchy and powerful mixes
- A look at the latest intelligent processor plugins designed to make the difficult tasks of mixing far easier
- Editing techniques with playlists in mind to make your mixes more streaming-ready
- A totally new chapter on immersive audio, including a primer for mixing in Dolby Atmos
- Busting the myths to using LUFS for mixing music
- Techniques for self-mastering your music
- Headphone mixing and room calibration technology tips, and much more!
Hit-Maker Mixer Interviews
The book still contains one of its best-loved features from previous versions – 18 interviews with some of the music industry’s most successful and celebrated audio mixers from all different music genres. The new edition contains four brand new interviews with some of the industry’s biggest hit makers, along with access to a bonus website with 13 additional interviews not found in the book.
The latest interviews include hit-makers DJ Swivel (Jordan Young), Billy Decker, Andrew Maury, and Dan Korneff.
Everything You Need To Know
Of course, the book covers everything else about mixing that you need to know, including:
- The mix balance technique that sets levels so fast on even the most complicated mix that you won’t believe it
- The EQ techniques of the pros that will both separate your tracks and provide the utmost in clarity
- The “Magic Frequencies” that make every mix element sing
- The secret to processing and enhancing loops, samples and virtual instruments so they leap out a mix
- The way to set up a master mix buss to add more power and polish to your mix
- The secret to pitch correcting vocals so they sound so natural that you’ll never know they’re pitch corrected
- Drum replacement and enhancement techniques for instant great sounding kick and snare
- The ultimate punchy drums secret that gives you the right compressor settings every time
- The best way to use automation and sidechaining, the secret sauce behind modern mixes
- The secret to clean sibilance-free vocals that sit perfectly in the mix without sounding shrill or strident
- The editing tricks of the pros that include track cleanup, adjusting track timing, and the secret to smooth endings
- Easy-to-grasp methods for adding effects like reverb and delay that always work in any track
- And so much more!
Special Introductory Price
Plus I’ve also included two special bonuses. You get free access to my Vocal Mixing Techniques online course (which sells for $97) and also an invite to a group coaching call with me.
But the best part is that I’m offering both the book and the bonuses at a special price of just $29, but only until Thursday night at midnight, so you have to act fast.
Go to BobbyOwsinski.com/handbook to get your copy of the Mixing Engineer’s Handbook 5th edition (and all the bonuses) now.